This recipe combines two of my favorite things, tater tots and buffalo ranch! It’s supposed to serve 8, but I guarantee each person will have two servings. 😉
Note: This recipe can be made low carb friendly by replacing the tater tots with cauliflower. It can also be made vegetarian-friendly by replacing the chicken with tofu.
- 1½ – 2 pounds uncooked chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces – replace with tofu for vegetarian
- 1 – 24 oz. bag Tater Tots Potatoes ( for low carb, substitute with boiled cauliflower )
- ¼ cup Franks Buffalo sauce
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing and 1/4 cup of blue cheese dressing (You can do any mixture of dressing you prefer, as long as it equals 1 cup)
- 1 cup Chihuahua or mozzarella cheese
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the hot sauce and ranch dressing in a small bowl.
- Place chicken / tofu pieces in a 12 x 9 casserole dish.
- Coat the chicken / tofu with half of the buffalo ranch sauce.
- Sprinkle most of the green onions over the chicken / tofu. Save some of the onion slices for the topping.
- Place the Tater Tots or Cauliflower in rows on top of the chicken.
- Pour the remaining buffalo ranch sauce over the Tater Tots.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the Tater Tots.
- Top with the remaining green onions.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Serve alone or with nacho chips. Go get seconds!
Recipe modified from Premeditated Leftovers