Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve had a blog entry.  Flunking out of my Project 365 really made my daily posts dwindle!  But, it’s not a bad thing.  I would have probably flunked the project anyway with all that is going on.

We just got back from an awesome trip to San Francisco, California a couple of weeks ago.  We went with our good friends Charlie and Christina for a five day adventure.  We were busy the entire time we were there.  We toured around Fisherman’s Wharf several times since that’s where our hotel was.  We took a ferry boat tour on the bay.  We took an all day Napa Valley wine tasting tour.  And we went to tide pools in Santa Cruz to see the anemones and other sea critters.

Lots of stories came of that trip.  Jason was dubbed “Meskipedia” for all his useless trivia knowledge.  Charlie knocked over a Chinese shrine at a restaurant in Chinatown.  We made a nice bum happy by giving him the rest of our beer before we flew back home.  We saw many strange and entertaining things on the Wharf.  We feared for our lives during the cab drive from the airport to the hotel.  The Pacific tried to murder my D80.  And Jason drove us up one of the big hills of San Francisco before we turned in the rental car.  It was so much fun!  I have over 300 photos, only 100 of which I have sifted through thus far, but what I do have can be seen here.  Check back, I’ve been trying to add a few a day.

San Francisco Bay Docks

Foggy Golden Gate Bridge

And even more exciting news – we found a house on land that we absolutely love!  I found it purely by chance when checking out the Craig’s List For Sale by Owner listings, not expecting to find much.  However I found a gorgeous place on 11 acres not too far from where we live now.  It has a 3100+ square foot log sided cabin right in the center of the property and it’s absolutely gorgeous!  Five acres are cleared and five acres are wooded and there is a 3/4 acre pond filled with catfish, bass and bluegill.  We’ve been looking for this for 10 years or so!

So we went to look at it and loved what we saw.  So we came home and thought about it and put in an offer.  After several phone calls the sellers accepted our offer and the contract was signed yesterday.  Whoo!  Now we just have to get through the inspection and the appraisal and all should be good after that.  So with this news I’ve begun packing up unneeded things around the house, we’ve both been fixing minor things that need attention and my brother has been painting all the rooms that need a fresh coat.  If all of this does work out we’ll likely be moving around the beginning of July since the sellers asked for 30 days after closing in order to close on their own house purchase.

Lots of excitement ahead!