Spaghetti is a huge no-no in the low carb lifestyle, but that doesn’t mean substitutes aren’t available! And talk about easy! Enter the spaghetti squash and the crockpot!
- 1 Medium/Large Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
(I like to use Classico or Kroger brands)
- Italian Meatballs
(You can use frozen or pre-made or make your own)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- Place each half of the spaghetti squash, cut side down, into the crockpot.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce around the squash.
- Add meatballs. I like to push them down into the sauce.
- Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours.
- Remove the squash (careful, it’s hot!) and use a fork to scrape the insides. It will come out easily looking like angel hair pasta.
- Top with sauce and meatballs directly from the crockpot. Add parmesan cheese on top if desired.